09 March 2017
Hinman Consulting Engineers, Inc. is committed to providing our clients with expert advice and solutions to protect people, operations, and property against extreme events. We are an established physical security consulting firm that consistently delivers high quality work to meet our clients’ project goals. Our dedicated team of licensed practicing engineers and technical experts offers a full spectrum of services from engineering design to risk management, including protective design for blast resistant structures, seismic evaluation, structural fire engineering, and integrated resilient design.
Hinman values collaborative teamwork and provides the opportunity to work with engineering and administrative professionals on challenging, high profile projects in one of the leading protective design firms in the field of engineering. We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, and professional growth to self-motivated engineers. Our firm is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Alexandria, VA and New York City. We are currently looking for a qualified Marketing Coordinator for our New York City office, which serves as the infrastructure center for our firm. This position will require someone to lead daily marketing duties for the firm’s New York City area clients, opportunities, and projects. The successful candidate will work closely with the Marketing and Business Development Team in other offices. The following provides the general types of duties required of this position.
- Coordinate, track and assist with proposal and qualification requests.
- Coordinate, produce and update marketing material, including project write-ups, resumes, company profiles, custom proposals (non-government) and government SF330 proposal forms.
- Maintain Deltek Vision CRM database, including opportunities, projects, clients and contacts.
- Provides an excellent first impression to clients calling or visiting the office.
- Is helpful and provides clear information to clients and staff at all times.
- Maintains basic knowledge of Hinman’s core business lines and is able to scan for emerging sectors and business opportunities.
- Keeps abreast of Hinman project teams (who is working on what).
- Represents Hinman at local marketing events; develops and distributes marketing materials as needed.
- Researches opportunities for new projects and additional services.
- Assists in the creation and execution of social media campaigns using existing and emerging interfaces.
- Participates in select professional organizations and events to promote Hinman.
- Demonstrates understanding of our business marketing collateral, industry jargon, and differentiators.
- Builds personal knowledge of what Hinman does and is able to effectively communicate the firm’s value to non-engineers and engineers alike.
- Ability to create attractive and compelling promotional collateral.
- Knows our target market and what motivates clients to team with Hinman (value based selling points).
- Manages contact database by adding new contacts and updating existing contacts
- Demonstrates ability to clearly understand and articulate proposal project scope and objectives, identifies needs and resources required to accomplish proposal goals and deadlines.
- Works proactively with the management team to develop high quality proposals and may be responsible for managing the entire process from Go/No Go to project commencement (notice to proceed).
- Assists with special projects and performs other duties as assigned by supervisor or President.
- Bachelor degree in a related field and 3-5 years of experience performing similar duties for a like firm.
- A/E industry experience is highly desired. Experience in marketing professional services is preferred.
- Experience and network in the New York infrastructure market is highly desired as is a candidate who has a technical background but wishes to focus on the marketing aspects of these types of projects and clients.
- Experience putting together qualifications packages for infrastructure projects would be a particular asset.
- Excellent communication skills and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Individual who thrives in a collaborative and team-oriented environment which highly-values innovative approaches.
- Strong writing, presentation, and networking skills.
To apply send a cover letter and resume via email with the subject heading: Marketing Coordinator, to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.