Marketing Specialist (SF)
09 March 2017
Hinman Consulting Engineers, Inc. is committed to providing our clients with expert solutions to protect people, operations, and property against extreme events. We are an established physical security consulting firm that consistently delivers high quality work to meet our clients’ project goals. Our team of licensed practicing engineers and technical experts offers services that include protective design for blast resistant structures, seismic evaluation, structural fire engineering, risk management, and integrated resilient design.
Hinman values collaborative teamwork and provides the opportunity to work with engineering and administrative professionals on challenging, high profile projects in one of the leading protective design firms in the field of engineering. We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, and professional growth to self-motivated engineers. Our firm is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Alexandria, VA, and New York City. We are currently looking for a qualified Marketing Specialist for our San Francisco office. This position will require someone to conduct daily marketing and business development duties for the entire firm under the supervision of the Director of Business Strategies. The successful candidate will also provide like support to our Virginia and New York offices. The following provides the general types of duties required of this position.
- Supports marketing efforts required to develop high quality proposals by working proactively with Managing Engineers across the company.
- Demonstrates ability to clearly understand and articulate proposal project scope and objectives, and identifies needs and resources required to accomplish proposal goals and deadlines.
- Tracks opportunities from inception to award and maintains communication with internal and external clients during this process.
- Maintains Deltek Vision CRM database, including opportunities, projects, clients, and contacts.
- Keeps abreast of Hinman project teams (who is working on what).
- Assists with special marketing projects and performs other duties as assigned by supervisor or President.
- Builds personal knowledge of what Hinman does and is able to effectively communicate the firm’s value to non-engineers and engineers alike.
- Demonstrates understanding of our business marketing collateral, industry jargon, and differentiators.
- Knows our target market and what motivates clients to team with Hinman (value based selling points).
- Coordinates, produces and updates marketing material, including project write-ups, resumes, company profiles, custom proposals (non-government) and government SF330 proposal forms.
- Creates attractive and compelling promotional collateral.
- Creates and maintains Marketing & Business Development metrics and pipeline to assist with business planning initiatives
- Maintains basic knowledge of Hinman’s core business lines and can scan for emerging sectors and business opportunities.
- Researches and identifies opportunities for new projects and additional services.
- Assists in the creation and execution of social media campaigns using existing and emerging interfaces.
- Represents Hinman at local marketing events; develops and distributes marketing materials as needed
- Participates in select professional organizations and events to promote Hinman.
Bachelor degree in a related field and 3-5 years of experience performing similar duties for a like firm. A/E industry experience is highly desired. Experience in marketing professional services is preferred. Experience and network in the A/E market and federal sector is highly desired as is a candidate who has a technical background but wishes to focus on the marketing and business development aspects of these types of projects and clients. Experience providing support for proposal efforts and putting together qualifications packages for projects would be an asset. We are looking for a highly-organized professional with excellent communication skills and creative problem-solving abilities. We also seek an individual who thrives in a collaborative and team-oriented environment which highly values innovative approaches. Successful candidates will also have strong writing, graphic design, presentation, and networking skills. Candidates must be able to obtain a U.S. government security clearance.
To apply send a cover letter and resume via email with the subject heading: Marketing Specialist, to email@example.com. No phone calls please.