Accidents happen. Terrorists are real. And hurricanes don’t care. But Hinman cares. We are committed to helping clients find the best solutions to protect people and property from catastrophe, disaster and extreme events before they happen.
Hinman delivers custom, holistic solutions—through focused attention and service, balancing risk and cost goals.
Eve Hinman founded the company in 1997 and set out to compile a small but dedicated team of highly qualified engineers and technical experts who could offer a full-range of services, from risk management to engineering design. As a recognized leader in protective design, our clients include federal, state, and local governments as well as international and private companies.
Past projects include structural assessment and design solutions for courthouses, embassies, federal buildings and intelligence facilities, as well as for commercial buildings, airports, bridges, and power stations.
With offices in San Francisco, Washington, DC and New York City, Hinman offers responsive service to stateside and global projects.
Small Business Status
Hinman is a small, woman owned business certified with the following agencies:
- California Public Utilities Commission/Supplier Clearing House (WBE)
- San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency (DBE)
- Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority (DBE)
- The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey (WOBE)
- New York State Department of Economic Development (WOBE)
- System for Award Management (WOSB)
- Small Business Administration (WOSB)