Hinman Consulting Engineers, Inc. is committed to providing our clients with expert advice and solutions to protect people, operations, and property against extreme events. We are an established physical security consulting firm that consistently delivers high quality work to meet our clients’ project goals. Our dedicated team of licensed practicing engineers and technical experts offers a full spectrum of services from engineering design to risk management, including protective design for blast resistant structures, seismic evaluation, structural fire engineering, and integrated resilient design.
Hinman values collaborative teamwork and provides the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects. We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, and professional growth to self-motivated engineers. Our firm is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Alexandria, VA and New York City. If you want to create your own destiny and surround yourself with creative people who take pride in their work, we want to hear from you.
We are seeking a full time, experienced structural engineering manager with 10-15 years of experience handling multiple, fast turnaround projects that require extensive client coordination and high level consulting. This position could be located in any of our offices and would handle our area clients, projects, and business development efforts.
Are you a highly motivated engineer who thrives on being challenged daily to develop innovative solutions in a highly collaborative environment? Does structural failure fascinate you more than conventional structural design? Do you wish that your work was more gratifying in terms of contributing more to the safety of people and infrastructure? If this describes you, then Hinman may be the right career path for you.
Our firm values teamwork and an opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects nationally and internationally. We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, and professional growth to highly motivated engineers. If you want to create your own destiny and be around creative people who take pride in their work, we want to hear from you.
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- MS in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Business skills in federal contracting, client management, business development, project cost accounting, staff supervision, contract reviews
- Leadership skills in mentoring young engineers, motivating staff, and working well in a team based environment
- Knowledge and relationships within the AEC market and the federal government
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in structural analysis, performance based design, and construction
- Skills in delegation and time management
- Must be able to obtain a DSS (Defense Security Service) clearance
- Training will include one to several weeks in San Francisco
To apply send a cover letter and resume via email with the subject heading: Managing Engineer, to email@example.com. No phone calls please.