Hinman Consulting Engineers, Inc. is committed to providing our clients with expert solutions to protect people, operations, and property against extreme events. We are an established physical security consulting firm that consistently delivers high quality work to meet our clients’ project goals. Our team of licensed practicing engineers and technical experts offers services that include protective design for blast resistant structures, seismic evaluation, structural fire engineering, risk management, and integrated resilient design.
We promote and live our culture, which is built on integrity, value, dedication and team. We have created an environment where thought-leaders excel, and we take a personal interest in our employees’ professional development and growth. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to ensure a vision becomes a reality for clients and employees alike.
Hinman is seeking a Marketing/Proposal Coordinator in our San Francisco, CA office to join our dynamic team. The M/P Coordinator will work closely with our corporate management and technical project team to produce and support proposal, marketing and sales activities.
The M/P Coordinator must be able to prioritize, multi-task, function effectively as part of a team under multiple deadlines and time constraints, as well as schedule workload and manage time efficiently in a fast-paced environment while demonstrating a “can do” attitude. We are looking for an energetic, and motivated candidate with A/E/C industry experience and strong people and communication skills, including excellent writing and editing capabilities.
Proposal Responsibilities (Primary)
- Lead all activities involved in the preparation of responses to Requests for Information (RFI), Requests for Qualifications (RFQ), and Requests for Proposals (RFP), including proposals, qualifications packages, and Government Standard Forms.
- Monitor various websites for RFQs and RFPs.
- Write non-technical sections such as cover letters and executive summaries.
- Interview technical staff to tailor and/or write and maintain resumes, project descriptions, and other marketing collateral needed in proposals.
- Edit and proofread technical documents for grammar and clarity to ensure client requirements are met.
- Help with the preparation of presentations/leave-behind materials for interviews, client meetings and other business development activities.
- Maintain digital library of proposal and marketing materials.
- Support efforts to track the status of open opportunities.
- Provide weekly pursuit activities reports.
- Support establishment performance benchmarks and subsequent internal reviews of proposal and marketing campaigns to evaluate success.
- Complete all the necessary proposal close-out activities including proper electronic filing, and updates of marketing collateral, proposal boilerplate database and CRM system.
Marketing Responsibilities (Secondary)
- Serve as CRM System Manager (training provided).
- Support Marketing/Business Development Team with research on opportunities, leads, clients and pursuits.
- Support outreach efforts, such as award submittals, client events, white paper or presentation development, conferences, tradeshows and public relations efforts.
- Assist in the maintenance of social media handles appropriate for various external communication and other media as needed.
- Order and track inventor of proposal supplies and promotional items as needed.
- Strong command of English grammar, composition, spelling, proofreading skills and creativity as well as excellent verbal and visual communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, file management, and time management skills to effectively meet and stay ahead on multiple deadlines.
- Ability to identify and separate work tasks, prioritizing them in relation to the overall proposal production activity and deadlines.
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed or required by proposal deadlines.
- Understanding of basic marketing principles and A/E/C industry terminology and procedures.
- Proven demonstrated attention to detail and commitment to producing high-quality work.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, or English.
- Minimum 3 years of proposal experience in the A/E/C industry.
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign.
- Experience with CRM System.
- Experience with Photoshop and/or Illustrator.
- Experience maintaining database information.
- Experience with social media outlets such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
- Experience with SMPS (preferred).
- Health coverage for employee and family through medical, dental, and vision plans
- Financial protection through life, disability, and travel insurance
- 401(k) Plan with a generous match of 4%
- Tax advantages through FSA, HSA, and Dependent Care FSA expenses with pre-tax dollars
- Professional development budget
- Employee assistance program
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and holidays
- Company social events
Hinman Consulting Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity. All eligible candidates are invited to apply.
To apply send a cover letter and resume via email with the subject heading: Marketing Coordinator, to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.